One Tiny Miracle... - Carol Marinelli Unlocked - Courtney Milan The Viscount's Christmas Temptation: Dukes of War #0.5 - Erica Ridley A Touch of Midnight - Lara Adrian Hajar's Hidden Legacy (Beasts of the Desert) - Maisey Yates Never Forget Me - Marguerite Kaye Most Peculiar Circumstance, A - Jen Turano The Christmas Child - Linda Goodnight

Eight books that easily earned 5 stars. Keepers, fangirling, went on to buy a crap ton from these authors or put their stuff on my watch/wish list.

One Tiny Miracle by Carol Marinelli

This book was read in the early days of 2014. What a way to start off the new year.

Unlocked by Courtney Milan

There was so much hype in the romance blogging world about Milan that I resisted reading her for fear that I wouldn't get the hype...or be completely disappointed. So not the case. I went on to buy the entire Turner series and the Duchess series. I will get to these books in 2015, as they are on the top of the pile. I really wished I didn't avoid her works for so long.

The Viscount's Christmas Temptation by Erica Ridley

Downloaded this because it was free - already bought the next book (the only other book written in the series). Smart, funny, loving characters and a plot that works. The writing is smooth and polished - I got sucked in so quickly.

Touch by Midnight (Midnight Breeds series novella #2) by Lara Adrian

I am a huge fan of the paranormal romance series Midnight Breeds. Ms. Adrian pretty much gifted this to the fans, as Gideon's and Savannah's story doesn't have anything to do with moving the plot with Dragos further (unlike the first novella with Malcom and Danica). Ms. Adrian just hit every wonderful button with this novella and gave a story worthy of the characters that fans have come to know and love. I have one book left to read in the Dragos storyline (Sterling Chase's story) and it will be a priority to get done and finish the series.

Hajar's Hidden Legacy by Maisey Yates

Ms. Yates gave me a sheikh romance that I really enjoyed - I didn't think it could happen Looking forward to reading more from her.

Never Forget Me by Marguerite Kaye

Three well crafted stories set during WWI. These stories are so good, I am planning on making this book a yearly re-read or whenever I need a comfort read. I want to read all the Ms. Kaye's works now!

A Most Peculiar Circumstance by Jen Turano

Very witty, sharp dialogue and the setting of the fight for the women's suffrage made this book a fun romp. Looking to read more from Ms. Turano, as I have three other books of hers on my TBR pile.

The Christmas Child by Linda Goodnight

I have wanted to read this book for a long time and finally set aside time this holiday season to do just that. I read it in one night and it left me with tears rolling down my cheeks. Don't know if I am going to read a lot more from this author, as the religious tone of her books (including this one) is pretty heavy.

Surprisingly - there are 3 contemporary romances that made my best of list!