All's Fair in Love and Seduction (The Elusive Lords, #2.5) - Beverley Kendall

Summary:

She hopes to gain his affections

For Miss Elizabeth Smith, sharing her first kiss with the charming Lord Derek Creswell is nothing short of a dream come true...that is, until she is spotted by one of the most influential gossips of the ton. With scandal nipping at her heels, to avoid total social ruin, Elizabeth must present a fiancé by the end of the Season. But when the viscount proves reluctant, Elizabeth is forced to employ a seduction of a different sort...

He is determined to ruin her

Viscount Derek Creswell believes Elizabeth set out to trap him into marriage. After all, her sister attempted the very same thing with his brother six years before. Now the delectable Miss Smith expects a betrothal and a ring, while Derek finds her ruination infinitely more appealing...

But as Derek sets out to seduce only her body, Elizabeth is intent on claiming his jaded heart.

Review:

TSTL heroine has held onto a teenage infatuation/obsession with the older brother of the guy who ruined her older sister. Heroine does stupid shit that makes her look conniving in the hopes of trapping said hero into marriage. She isn't conniving, just stupid and a liar. The author thinks that a lot of overly purple prose filled sexy times will somehow equate with a real love and HEA in the readers' minds. I think not. There is so much lying and game playing that when the couple do the "I love you" exchange, I don't buy any of it.

This book also has a prologue and three chapter excerpt of the next book. More lies (this time about a secret love child!) and more game playing. Luckily, the hero was smarter than the last hero and saw by looking at the child and the child's age that it was his son. Hero confronted heroine about her lies. I felt that I had read more than enough from this author to avoid her works in the future. 0 stars for everything I read.