1. Are you named after anyone?

No. My mom tells an interesting story: when she was about eight months pregnant with me, my paternal grandmother asked what the soon-to-be new addition to the family will be called. My mom answered with "Jessica." (One of the most popular names in my generation and geographical location of childhood). "Oh, that's great. I will call her Jessie for short" replied my grandmother. My mom thought about it for two minutes and decided to name me Melissa because she couldn't stand the name Jessie (turns out she couldn't stand my grandmother either....).

2. When was the last time you cried?

Almost a year ago when we left our good friends and life in California to move to England. They are one the reasons I miss California.

3. Do you have kids?

Two. Son is four and named after a childhood friend of mine who died of childhood leukemia at 15 years old and gets his middle name from his dad. Daughter is two and named after two characters from the tv show The Golden Girls - my husband and I are not quite right in the head...

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?

I really don't know - I can take a while to warm up to people and feel comfortable (hello introvertness!). Even then, I am still quiet.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Sarcasm is the language of my people.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?

I want to, but with my medical condition(s), that is probably out of the question.

7. What’s your favorite cereal?

Cinnamon Life.

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?

Whether or not I recognize them - I remember faces very well.

9. What is your eye colour?

Hazel - green enough not to be considered brown eyed, but not enough to say I have green eyes.

10. Scary movie or happy endings?

Happy endings, but I will take happy for now endings if it fits the story.

11. Favorite smells?

Anything baked goods - breads, cakes, cinnamon, nutmeg...

12. Summer or winter?

Winter. I spent summers stationed in South Dakota and California and can say I don't like the unbearable dry heat and potential for/smelling endless wildfires.

13. Computer or television?

Television - I don't watch reality tv. Computers/Internet just leads me to social media and people's mindless/inflammatory for no damn good reason posts.

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?

Iraq. Never want to go back, even if the country finds peace one day. Had my fill from two deployments.

15. Do you have any special talents?

Nope.

16. Where were you born?

Dover, New Jersey.

17. What are your hobbies?

Books, writing, yarn crafts, traveling, exercising, baking- I am a self-entertainer.

18. Do you have any pets?

One dog, a rescue German-Australian cattle shepherd named Gracie.

19. Favorite movie?

I like movies, but I am not much of a movie buff. No favorite movie.

20. Do you have any siblings?

Younger sister, step-sister that is the same age as me, younger step-brother.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up?

I don't want to grow up.