Dads Are the Original Hipsters - Brad Getty

I was bored (and didn't want to do dishes) when I got home from the gym, so I looked through my wish list on Overdrive for a quick, non-thinking read. This book is result of a tumblr being turned into a printed product. Very short, pithy comments (that got repetitive very fast) and lots of pics. The dads in question are in the pictures that date from the 1970s and 1980s.

I avoid hipsters as much as humanly possible because they breed hyprocrisy and have no sense of tact or originality. And that was the overriding theme to this book: our dads (I am including the dads I knew growing up in the 1980s and 1990s) had originality and were interesting. Mostly, they were interesting because they enjoyed their interests without needing a Facebook poll asking if those interests were "obscure" or non-mainstream. They were just themselves and they had fun. But they had varied interests and were Renaissance men who were also self-sufficient and responsible. 2 stars, all going to the dads and not really about the book.