Please note: I view "serious readers" as those who read more than one book a month. That may not seem very serious to the fine folks on BL, but considering the number of adults in the U.S. who don't read even one book a month, it may be a good estimate. "Serious" does NOT mean what genres/literary fiction or non-fiction that one does in their reading.

*******************************************************************************************************

So Scrib'd is cutting its high numbers of romance genre books and it seems romance readers are spending all of July trying to read the books in their libraries before they expire/get pulled. Romance readers are unprofitable as a market, it seems, because they read much more than the average person and Scrib'd was having difficulty meeting author payouts on so many books read.

For more information about what is going on, I posted two links to DA articles (one in the title and one in the post). I encourage my followers to read the articles and the comments to understand fully what is going on (fancy that - I am encouraging people to read the comments sections on the Internet!!!).

I have a funny feeling that cozy mysteries, another market fueled by serious readers, might also get a big cull coming its way.