Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck The Witness - Nora Roberts

In keeping with my plan to mitigate or slay my reading slump, I decided one of the steps is to ignore my personal TBR pile and go shopping at the library. I picked up two books this week:

1. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

- So I am a Steinbeck virgin, hence I picked up his shorter work to ease me in. At 107 pages, this is doable and a chance for me to see if I like Steinbeck's reading enough to continue on with other works. My high school did not have this book on any syllabus - I am starting to think my high school didn't have a lot of books that others had to read in school and I am woefully behind in classic literature knowledge. But you know, baby steps.

2. The Witness by Nora Roberts

- One way to beat back a reading slump is going to your go-to author for new reading or re-reading all favorites. My one go-to author is Nora Roberts; she was my introduction to adult literature at the tender age of 12 and she has stayed by my side and in my TBR since. I don't want to get bogged down in a series, so I went with one of her stand alone romantic suspense novels (since I don't read much romantic suspense, the change in subgenre should do me some good as well).