The Surgeon (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #1) - Tess Gerritsen Outlander - Diana Gabaldon Capital Offense - Kathleen Antrim

The USO is bringing authors Tess Gerritsen, Diana Gabaldon, and Kathleen Antrim to the bases here in the UK in September. My friends are huge Outlander fans, so I let them know (I was the first to read about it). I am babysitting for any of my friends that need childcare that day as I am not a fan/reader of any of these authors, but I think its so cool that the USO is bringing authors (and all three are women, yo!) to us (their usual thing is musical acts or films). I hope it is a success and the USO does something like this again (*hint* Nora Roberts *hints*).

I do like the show Rizzoli and Isles, which is based off Gerritsen's series by the same name. I haven't read the books, although I heard the books are much darker than the show. I know nothing of Ms. Antrim's works.

I am really happy for my friends too - they get to meet someone whose works have touched them and given them such enjoyment.