Match of Wits, A (Ladies of Distinction Book #4) - Jen Turano Out of Oz - Gregory Maguire Killer Run (A Tourist Trap Mystery Book 5) - Lynn Cahoon Trail of Kisses (Hot on the Trail Book 1) - Merry Farmer Nightingales at War - Donna Douglas Dressed To Kill (A Tourist Trap Mystery Book 4) - Lynn Cahoon If the Shoe Kills (A Tourist Trap Mystery) - Lynn Cahoon The Widow of Larkspur Inn - Lawana Blackwell The Wives of Los Alamos - TaraShea Nesbit This Wicked Gift (A Carhart Series Novella) (Entangled Edge) - Courtney Milan

I decided to join in on TBR Thursday* so that I make sure to add new books to my "planning to read" shelf. Also, I am hoping to see if/when I do my book shopping is influenced by anything other than buying a book from my wish lists (such as in times of stress or loneliness - this deployment is in the final stretch). So here is what I have added to the pile (first ten listed on my NOOK under most recent):

If the Shoe Kills, Dressed to Kill, and Killer Run (Tourist Trap Mystery) by Lynn Cahoon because I read the first one and liked it enough to start picking up the series. I made the decision to read this cozy series over others after reading other less than awesome first books.

A Match of Wits (Ladies of Distinction #4) by Jen Turano. I really like this series of historical romance and I am working through the series. One of those 2016 challenges I am putting together for myself.

Out of Oz (Wicked Years #4) by Gregory Maguire. I think I was influenced to pick this up due to my new love for the show Once Upon A Time and my long term love with the musical Wicked. This was at sale price, so I figured I start picking up the books as they go on sale. Not planning on reading this one anytime soon; I prefer to have all the books ready to go before starting book one.

Trail of Kisses (Hot on the Trail #1) by Merry Farmer. I really love her writing and the twists she does on historical romance without going into crazy sauce. This is a new series and she put the book as free, a tactic she does with all her series (she also writes SF/F romance, which is not my bag). I still can't believe a traditional publishing house hasn't picked her up - or that she hasn't agreed to traditional publishing contract. She takes editing and proofing seriously.

Nightingales at War (The Nightingales #6) by Donna Douglas. I have picked up this series as books come up on the sale pages and now I only need book three to complete the series. This is my replacement series for Call the Midwife series (tv and book) by Jennifer Worth. I hope to knock out all six next year...just in time for book seven to come out.

The Wives of Los Alamos by TaraShea Nesbit. I picked this one up due to my background career in the military (Nuc/Rad, Bio, and Chemical warfare defense) and just sheer whim. There is a lot of hype surrounding this book so I hope I am not disappointed.

The Widow of Larkspur Inn (The Gresham Chronicles #1) by Lawana Blackwell. Honestly, I picked this book up because it was on sale and the cover (not the one shown in the BL database) was beautiful.

Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts. Because when Nora goes on sale, you betcha I will pick it up - no questions or qualms.

This Wicked Gift (Carhart Series #.5) and Trial by Desire (Carhart Series #2) by Courtney Milan. I already had book one, so I picked up the other two to start the series in January, followed by the Brother Sinsters series so that I have 10 months of reading Milan. Yep, another reading challenge.

Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, and Emma - picked up these for free to do my Austen challenge. I might add Lady Susan to the list. I also picked up for free Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte so I can start my Bronte sisters challenge as soon as the Austen challenge is complete. These challenges will take me deep into 2016. I hate looking for these books in the database so I didn't bother attaching book covers to this post.

*thanks to Moonlight Reader for starting this meme