Bad Money by Phillips, Kevin (2009) Paperback - Kevin Phillips AIDS in America - Susan Hunter, Alan Cumming

Looks like BL is running S-L-O-W this evening.

My weekend reading is aimed at getting two non-fiction books done before Bout of Books 15 kicks off Monday morning. BoB will focus on the fiction books off my TBR pile.

Bad Money by Kevin Phillips is a great read with easy to understand language describing the inner workings of the financial world prior to, during, and after the 2008 Global Recession. However, even with the easy language the book is still dense. I can't read this book non-stop, so I took a break to read Badass by Shannen Doherty. I will get back to Phillips' book tomorrow night.

AIDS in America by Susan Hunter I started tonight while my hubby watched The Revenant. (I still can't believe DiCaprio won his beloved Oscar for this movie.) So far, the book is great (probably around four stars as of right now) but the forward by Donald Trump made me roll my eyes so hard.

For my US friends - Happy Mother's Day to those with moms, those that are close to children (Godmoms, favorite aunties), and those who are moms. I'm taking my beautiful brats to Paradise Wildlife Park to celebrate and making my hubby take all the pictures so I can actually be in the pictures with my kids for once. We have had beautiful weather here for the past week and it is supposed to hold through the weekend, so we won't have to deal with wellies or umbrellas in our pictures.

Happy Reading.