Bout of Books

Goals:

1. To Have Fun

2. To Read More Books

3. To Experience a low-key read-a-thon (24 hour marathons are really intense)

Books Picked:

1. My Fair Concubine (Tang Dynasty #3) by Jeannie Lin - buddy read with Obsidian Blue

2. Mission to Murder (Tourist Trap #2) by Lynn Cahoon

3. A Dream Defiant by Susanna Fraser

4. High Stakes: The Rising Cost of America's Gambling Addiction by Sam Skolnik

5. Magic in His Kiss by Shari Anton

In order to complete my goals, I am curbing my habits of being on FB and Twitter so much and not going to watch any movies/tv shows until next week.

Monday's Progress:

1. Participated in the morning Twitter introduce yourself in six words

2. Read My Fair Concubine 50% completed

Tuesday's Progress:

1. Finished and reviewed My Fair Concubine

2. Started A Dream Defiant

3. Tweeted #shelfie4boutofbooks

Wednesday's Progress:

1. Tweeted #5favorites - I went with five history books on different natural disasters.

2. Finished and reviewed A Dream Defiant

2. Read Mission to Murder - 57% done

Friday's Progress:

1. Finished and reviewed Mission to Murder

2. Read High Stakes - 61% done

3. Chose to swap out the other non-fiction book I had planned on reading during the read-a-thon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday's Progress:

1. Finished High Stakes

2. Started Magic in His Kiss - 9% read

Sunday's Progress:

1. Did not read at all. Ran errands and went for a two hour walk with the family. Watched the movie Spotlight (highly recommend). In general, life came calling and I picked up the phone. But I did start following other book bloggers and looking at signing up for more Bout of Books and other challenges.

2. Reviewed High Stakes

Monday Wrap Up:

I read one more book than my usual. I learned to not read non-fiction during read-a-thons. Most importantly, I like meeting new bloggers and sharing reading experiences. Highly recommend this read-a-thon and looking forward to August's round.