The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive - Tina Payne Bryson, Daniel J. Siegel The Carousel Painter - Judith McCoy Miller

Not exactly a record I would like to repeat any time soon.

The Whole Brain Child was too wordy to understand the science behind the book's concepts. There are lots of examples, which helps a lot. Seeing as how I parent is pretty close to the first two principles described in the book, this isn't really all that helpful to me. I'm looking more for information on how to help my son adjust/adapt/thrive in school, not how to stop a toddler's tantrums.

The Carousel Painter was first person POV, and the characters are very stereotypical. I got 10% in and couldn't read another chapter. The MC seemed to immature for being a 21 year old orphan who just moved back to the US. The Christian teachings/belief starts getting pretty heavy by the end of chapter two; from other reviews I read, this angle gets more overt and intense as the book goes on.

Onward to hopefully better reading horizons.