The Tragedy of Othello: Edited by H. C. Hart (Classic Reprint) - William Shakespeare Brave Like My Brother - Marc Tyler Nobleman Hell on Earth: The Wildfire Pandemic - Lee Reeder, David L.  Porter Not Just the Levees Broke: My Story During and After Hurricane Katrina - Phyllis Montana-Leblanc, Spike Lee Not Left Behind: Rescuing the Pets of New Orleans - Bob Somerville, Troy Snow, Best Friends Animal Society

All additions this week come from the library:

1. No Fear Shakespeare: Othello by William Shakespeare/Sparks Publishing

I needed a book to read that would fill in the "Dead Author" square on the Summer Bingo Card. Can't get more dead than Shakespeare. This is the one Shakespearean tragedy I have wanted to read, but was never assigned in either high school or college (yet I had to read Hamlet 3 different times!! GRRRRR).

2. Brave Like My Brother by Marc Tyler Nobleman

I needed a book to read that would fill in the "Published in June/July/August 2016" square. For the record, this MG novella was published June 28, 2016. I can't tell you how many display tables/shelves I went through in two different libraries just to find a book published in this time frame.

3. Hell on Earth: The Wildfire Pandemic by David L. Porter with Lee Reeder

I have been on a real natural disaster kick lately. I think I miss being an emergency manager.

4. Not Just the Levees Broke: My Story During and After Hurricane Katrina by Phyllis Montana-Leblanc

I wanted a few books on Hurricane Katrina and Superstorm Sandy to read during September (which is National Emergency Preparedness Month in the US). My library had this book (portions which was turned into a movie by Spike Lee, who wrote the forward to the book) and I thought it would be good jumping off point. I put a hold on OverDrive for two more books, but both of those are from journalists.

5. Not Left Behind: Rescuing the Pets of New Orleans by Best Friends Animal Society

It was near book #4 and I could not resist the dog on the cover. Besides, I really think pet safety/evacuations are so important yet so overlooked aspect of emergency preparedness and response.

*bookish meme created by Moonlight Reader