Craving Temptation - Deborah Fletcher Mello

Romance Bingo - Eye shadow and Bosom square

This duology has been sitting on my NOOK for at least two years and I am now kicking myself for not reading it sooner. Also, D.F. Mello is a new-to-me author that I look forward to reading more from in the future. Okay, onto the review of this book:

Amina Salman is trying to understand her family and childhood religion (Islam) while taking on the job of her father's campaign manager for mayor of Memphis, TN. Amina gave up Islam when she moved in with her mother in Atlanta after her parents divorced when she was a kid.Troy Elliott is the older brother of the last book's hero and a lawyer who has his sights on a political career, starting with winning the mayoral race for Memphis, TN. They first met at the end of the first book, and it picks up several weeks later. This story was much more romantic suspense but still a strong romance. Amina and Troy's relationship was a little more insta-love, but they went through some serious ups and downs (thanks to the awfulness that was Amina's brother) that strengthen their love. There is a lot less sex in this book.

The side characters make several appearances in this book, continuing the world building and giving the reader a strong sense of place and community. This time, I like to point out the side character of Rachel; her lawyer skills are on point and when something/someone threatens her family, she is a major badass. Also Amina's younger sister, Rasheeda, was a stand out.

There was a little "How Muslims Live 101" conversations early in the book. Amina and Rasheeda show the variety within the religion and how they live their faith and maintain a lifestyle that feels comfortable for them (ex: Amina doesn't wear the hijab, Rasheeda does).

I really recommend this book set!