Sleigh Bells in the Snow - Sarah Morgan Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game - Michael Lewis Battlefield Angels: Saving Lives Under Enemy Fire From Valley Forge to Afghanistan (General Military) - Scott McGaugh In the Midst of Life - Jennifer Worth

I'm taking the kids on a day trip to a city we have never been to, so I will have six hours on a bus to read to my heart's content. I don't want to bring a library book (with the possibility of leaving or ruining library property on the trip), so I picked Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan off my physical TBR pile to read. The cover of my copy of the book is much different (less romance, more British chick-lit) than the one in the database. I will have In the Midst of Life by Jennifer Worth as a stand by if I finish the Morgan book before we get back to base (also from the physical TBR).

Currently reading Moneyball by Michael Lewis and it is great - a business book that is not about the financial world and is about one of my favorite sports. However, statistics play a MAJOR role in the storytelling, and it can be some dense reading (So. Much. Math.). So I am interspersing chapters from Battlefield Angels: Saving Lives Under Enemy Fire from Valley Forge to Afghanistan by Scott McGaugh - a great military history read about medics, doctors, and nurses that went to war.