Double Trouble  - Susan May Warren

Picking up about 6-8 weeks after book one ended, PJ Sugar is now working as an associate in Jeremy Kane's PI office and studying for her license. Kane still has feelings for PJ, but her high-school boyfriend/town detective Boone and PJ have been dating in those weeks and he has asked her to marry him. PJ hasn't given her answer (and won't until the very end of this book). The book starts off with PJ on her first stake out that gets the criminal but also gets her beloved green VW Bug totaled. Her next assignment involves standing in as a body double for a FBI witness in the days before she is to testify in court. There are other, smaller plotlines that all come together in the end.

I honestly did not figure out who was the stalker until the very end. And I still really love being in PJ's head and in the small town of Kellogg, MN. The semi-love triangle that I thought ended in the first book didn't  and continues on in this book and the next. Don't really mind it though in this series. I love that PJ has such an open heart and that she made real friends while doing body double work. Her mother and sister were a little mean to PJ for no good reason, especially Connie. I already have a hold on the third book in OverDrive.