Persepolis I & II - Marjane Satrapi A Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson How to Train Your Dragon - Cressida Cowell Naked in Death - J.D. Robb Food: A Love Story - Jim Gaffigan

Six hour mark and finished The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. I'll write reviews after the read-a-thon, but suffice to say that I want to buy a million copies of this book and just hand it out randomly. Such a great work.

I had twenty minutes left of my 3 hour block of reading that I knocked out chapter 3 of A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (I read chapters one and two yesterday). I like it so far, but it doesn't live up to the hype.

Whenever my darling son and daughter manage to clean up their rooms, my next order of read-a-thon business to set aside my personal reading and read to them. We borrowed a copy of one of the Wimpy Kid books and a couple of Pokémon graphic novels from the library. Once the darlings of my life are safely tucked in for the night, I am going to dive into A Sultry Love Song by Kianna Alexander.

Hour Twelve Question: 1) which three audiobooks you’d recommend for a roadtrip and why, OR 2) if you could take a roadtrip to any three bookish locations, what would they be?

I would choose option one. First audiobook would be one for the entire family, so I would choose the first How To Train Your Dragon book. Second, for when the kids are fast asleep (just like their mom, car trips make them drowsy), would be Naked in Death so that my husband would finally give ...In Death series a shot. The last one would be Jim Gaffigan's Food: A Love Story which is tame enough for the kids but funny enough for the adults.

More from me at hour 9.