The Unleashing (Call Of Crows Book 1) - Shelly Laurenston Monstress Volume 1: Awakening - Marjorie M. Liu Brighton Belle - Sara Sheridan

With a Transformers (well, Bumblebee anyway) backpack and a HTTYD water bottle and lunch box, my little guy went into first grade on Monday. It was a happy day for both of us. Plus he just started martial arts class (ju-jitsu), so I look forward to another 45 minutes of uninterrupted reading time while he burns off some energy and learns new skills every Monday.

Halloween Bingo begins! I am starting with my book choice for the free space square, The Unleashing (Call of Crows #1) by Shelly Laurenston. As MR mentioned in the discussion forum, the free space square won't be called, so as soon as you read for that square you can mark it. The story includes the Clan of Crows and Clan of Ravens, so I think this is a pretty fitting book considering the icon used for the square. I started this book as my read ahead of time and am about 30% done.

Went to the library yesterday and picked up Monstress, Volume 1: Awakening by Marjorie Liu for the diverse voices square. To round out my holiday weekend reading, I will probably start Brighton Belle (Mirabelle Mystery #1) by Sara Sheridan, a cozy mystery set in 1950s England.

Happy Labor Day weekend to all my fellow Americans.