It Had to Be You - Delynn Royer The Toymaker - Kay Springsteen Through Waters Deep - Sarah Sundin A Wreath of Snow: A Victorian Christmas Novella - Liz Curtis Higgs The Unyielding - Shelly Laurenston

I haven't done one of these in at least two months. So what's up with me? I quit the PTO board (along with the person who held the president position, who is a friend) due to unethical behavior by a few members and by the principal and certain school staff. The position took a good 50 hours of my week and all I got was mistreatment and devaluing my work. Honestly I am not even bitter at this point; I kept my friendship intact with the other departing member and I can renew my passions that had to be put aside while others demanded my emotional, mental, and physical labor.

Parent teacher conferences were this week; my son's struggles with reading will require him to see a reading specialist once or twice a week (within the school day). In all other areas he is progressing at the right pace, so I'm glad his teacher is seeing the problem now and he will get the help he needs. My daughter's teacher wants her to attend one more day each week, as the teachers and specialists now see where her issues lie more fully than during the assessment phase and are tweaking her IEP. Again, it is because of dedicated teachers that my kids are getting the help they need. I treated the kids to donuts and flu shots, then took them to the toy store to see what they wanted to put on their Christmas list. No time like the present, as a friend and I are going to take advantage of the observed holiday today and go Christmas shopping in Cambridge while our hubbies take care of the kids. On Saturday we plan on going to Duxford's Imperial War Museum (one of five Imperial War Museums in England; 3 are in London and 1 is in Manchester). We are also planning on attending one of the Remembrance Sunday events this weekend.

As I mentioned in a book review earlier, I have decided to return to school to get my masters degree in library and information sciences. Right now I am just deciding which online program(s) I want to apply to and what the requirements are to apply. I am volunteering at my base library again (I go when my daughter is in school) and the librarians there are happy to teach me more of their job, so I will have a few years of experience "working" in a public library.

Reading-wise, it is all about the 16 Tasks of the Festive Season. I am having such a good time finding books from my huge unread pile that fit themes for the squares. I have one task to do, now just need to read some books. I am organizing my tasks and reading for the challenge by having each square's books and tasks in one post. Hopefully it will be easier to read and keep track of.

My currently reading shelf:

1. It Had to Be You by Delynn Royer - part Harlequin historical romance, part murder mystery set in the 1920s. (Square 1 All Saint's Day - black and white cover)

2. The Toymaker by Kay Springsteen - historical romance with class differences. (Square 1 Calan Gaeaf - heroine is named Ivy)

3. Through Waters Deep (Waves of Freedom #1) by Sarah Sundin - WWII romance between British Navy hero and American Navy yard worker heroine (Square 2 Bom Om Tuk - water on the cover)

4. A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs - Victorian romance with a hero that feels lots of guilt and shame for something he did in his past. (Square 4 Penance Day - plotline featuring characters feeling guilt)

5. The Unyielding (Call of Crows #3) by Shelly Laurenston - Nothing says community like 9 clans based on Viking mythology coming together to save the world from Guilveig and preventing Ragnarok! (Square 4 Thanksgiving - book about community)