Friday Reads - March 2, 2018

Women Heroes of World War I: 16 Remarkable Resisters, Soldiers, Spies, and Medics - Kathryn J. Atwood The Irish Americans: A History - Jay P. Dolan Forgotten Voices of the Great War - Max Arthur, Imperial War Museum Read Aloud Celtic Myths And Legends - Joan C. Verniero A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle

I'm not a fan of Dr. Seuss (as a kid or as a mom), but I can't deny his place in children's literature or imaginations. My kids like some of his stuff (The Grinch and The Lorax) but they prefer Mo Willems' stuff.

The weather forecasters are calling for a lot of snow for today and tomorrow, and quite frankly I am tired of Old Man Winter and his BS. I want spring flowers and sunshine and all things pastel colored. And I am in a part of England that does not get snow, so this winter's constant snow squalls are really unusual. As I will be found this weekend under a blanket or three and sipping all the hot beverages, I am also making it a reading weekend. I have nothing on my planner for this weekend and I am going to enjoy it.

So I want to finish Women Heroes of World War 1 and get to at least 30% of The Irish Americans. I want to read the entries for 1914 from Forgotten Voices. Sunday is all about A Wrinkle in Time. The kids and I are doing two stories per night from the Read-Aloud Celtic Myths and Legends. That should get my March reading off to a good start.

So for those readers basking in warm spring temperatures or enjoying the last of the summer sun, enjoy it. If you are like me and experiencing winter on the "why won't you go away already" level, pass the hot water bottle. Happy Reading!