melissasteinman7

TeaStitchRead

Participating in:

BookLikes-opoly (May 20th - August 10th), COYER Summer Hunt (June 1st - August 31st),

24 in 48 Read-a-thon (July 20th-21st), Bout of Books Cycle 26 (August)

Dialing Dreams (Sweethearts and Jazz #1) by Jessica Eissfeldt

Dialing Dreams: A short story - Jessica Eissfeldt

Belinda Thompson has always wanted to be a singer and trained to do so, but when her mom died she left the care of Belinda's ailing father to Belinda. So Belinda does her duty and tends to her father and works as a telephone operator for a hotel at night. Nick Hart, a crooner who is making a name for himself in the jazz genre, calls the hotel one night and "meets" Belinda. Belinda hates her job and is no mood for drunk prank calls. Nick calls again, this time sober and they began courting over the phone. Nick and Belinda meet and he thinks she has what it takes to be on stage and in the studio.

Nick was a fine hero, but Belinda sucked. She got on my last nerve with her passive-aggressiveness. Thankfully this was a short story. The pictures did not need to be in there - yes, the author had pictures showing what happened in the story...that I just read. Such unnecessary padding. I won't continue with the series.