Miss Frost Solves a Cold Case (Jayne Frost #1) by Kristen Painter

Miss Frost Solves A Cold Case: A Nocturne Falls Mystery (Jayne Frost Book 1) - Kristen Painter

This was in the NOOK Store's freebie section and I took the chance to read something by Ms. Painter. I am so glad I did  - I want more of this world!

Jayne Frost is the daughter of Jack Frost (the Winter King) and niece of Santa Claus (Uncle Kris), making her royalty among the winter elves. She works for the family company, managing the Naughty and Nice list. But something is going on in one of the company's store (located in Nocturne Falls, the setting of Painter's other series) and Jack and Kris send Jayne undercover to the store to find out what happened to the missing employees.

I loved Jayne! She understands and values her role as princess, but also wants to be accepted and loved for just who she is - a kind soul with both book smarts and street smarts. She loves her family, but wants her independence too. The other characters are great as well and I am really digging the growing romance between Greyson and Jayne. The world building took contemporary small town structure and added the paranormal to give it something different.

Yes, I will be reading more from this series!