Dewey Read-a-thon Autumn 2018 - Update #5 Final Update

Croc's Return (Bitten Point Book 1) - Eve Langlais Mr. Churchill's Secretary - Susan Elia MacNeal

Update #5

Finished my second book of the read-a-thon, Croc's Return. Read for a total of 13 hours and 15 minutes, exceeding my standard goal of 12 hours.

Post-Read-a-thon Survey

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

9th hour, as I jumped into the next book too soon after finishing the first book. The books were very definite in genre and tone, so the shift slowed down my reading. That's when I decided to go to bed and pick up the second book in the morning.

2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!

Mr. Churchill's Secretary (Maggie Hope #1) by Susan Ella MacNeal

Croc's Return (Bitten Point #1) by Eve Langlais

3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?

It would depend on what the participants' goals were.

4. What’s a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you happy?

Nothing I am pretty happy with my production this time. The mini-challenges didn't interest me at all.

5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again?

Yes, I am planning on doing the Spring 2019 one.

Now all I have left to read is Killer Countdown (Man on a Mission #6) by Amelia Autin and Black Rose (In the Garden #2) by Nora Roberts for the final push before the end of Halloween Bingo. By the time October 31st comes around, I should have three bingos.

****************************************************************************************************

Update #4

Finished book one. Forgot to start the timer, so my reading time is off on my stop watch, but I have been reading for a little over 8 hours now. Haven't had the wine yet... Onto book two, Croc's Return on my Kindle.

Update #3

A little late with this update. Got 47% done with Mr. Churchill's Secretary....definitely making plans to read the next book in the series. And it most assuredly fits the Darkest London square, as WWII black out laws are already in effect when the book opens. I am digging the characters (except for the twins), the world building, and plot lines.

Took a look at the mini-challenges and nothing seemed interesting, so I may not get around to doing any of them. I will give them a second look later.

My dinner smells amazing and I still have half a bottle left of the wine the recipe called for. My next update may be a bit drunkly written....

Update #2

Pre-Read-a-thon Survey

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Brandon, Suffolk County (East Anglia), UK

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Ella MacNeal

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Homemade chocolate chip pumpkin bread

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

So close to a bingo for Halloween Bingo!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?

Use my crock pot to make dinner ahead of time so I don't have to try and read while I cook and the family can help themselves whenever they get hungry. Maybe listen to an audiobook tomorrow morning while I take the dog for a walk.

My IG is https://www.instagram.com/tearainbook/, which will be the only other place I am doing the Dewey. I am starting with Mr. Churchill's Secretary as my first book.

Update #1

Already finished the first two books on my TBR. One last night, one this afternoon at my car's MOT appointment. Guess I can take tonight off and indulge in video games!

Goals:

1. Reading time will be measured using the stopwatch feature on my phone. The start time in England is 1pm, which is perfect for me. The hard part is trying to stay awake when it gets dark out so early here (sunset at around 5:45pm).

a. Standard - 12 hours

b. Stretch #1 - 15 hours

c. Stretch #2 - 18 hours

2. Finish at least two books and work on two more books, all for Halloween Bingo. All the other books will work to get two bingos out of my card when the squares are called (if not already called), and a possible third bingo by the end of the month. Writing the reviews on Monday night.

a. Finish Leverage in Death by JD Robb (New Releases)

b. Finish In Her Bones by Kate Moretti (Modern Noir)

c. Read Croc's Return by Eve Langlais (Shifters)

d. Read Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Ella MacNeal (Darkest London)

e. Start Killer Countdown by Amelia Autin (Romantic Suspense)

3. Post here and at IG with updates about every three hours. I would like to participate in 2-3 mini challenges. I'm using this as my master post and will update the title and post timestamp along with my updates.