The Sword Dancer - Jeannie Lin

Advent

Book: Since today is also the start of COYER Winter, I chose a book off my COYER reading list. I will read The Sword Dancer (Tang Dynasty #4) by Jeannie Lin.

Task #1

Here's a picture of my kids' advent calendars for this year.

Task #2

British Christmas traditions: going to house/castle/hall to see the decorations, caroling, and pantos!

Took the kids to our local National Trust site, Oxburgh Hall, to see the early Victorian decorations. The hall's volunteers get together in late August to rehearse for their free 20 minute caroling show; the last song, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, is a sing-along with audience participation. They put this show on 3x a day on Saturday and Sundays in December.

Joshua went on his field trip to the Royal Theater in Bury St Edmunds and saw a pantomime production of Sleeping Beauty - his favorite part was the dragon (of course). He didn't care for the kissing part. Sophia was supposed to go with her class the next day, but that date turned into the National Day of Mourning, and with no school came no field trip. She is rescheduled to see it in early January.

As a family, we went to see a local pantomime production of Snow White and the Dwarves of Foulden. My friend's oldest son was in the show as fox (woodland creature) and Dipstick, one of the dwarves. Here's a pic of the program.