In Perfect Time - Sarah Sundin

Source: Own Copy

Date Read: July 31st - August 2, 2019

Read for BL-opoly

Blurb

Bold, sophisticated, and coy, Army Air Force flight nurse Lt. Kay Jobson collects hearts wherever she flies, leaving men pining in airfields all across Europe. So how can ruggedly handsome C-47 pilot Lt. Roger Cooper be all but immune to her considerable charms? In fact, he seems to do everything he can to avoid her.

Still, as they cross the skies between Italy and southern France, evacuating the wounded and delivering paratroopers and supplies, every beat of their hearts draws them closer. Can they overcome the fears and misunderstandings of the past in order to take hold of the future?

*****************************************************************************************************

Review

This book started off slowly, too slowly for the third and final book in the series. It was a bit of a slog to get through as it was also a little preachy (more preachy than the last two books or any other book I have read from this author). Then around the 35% mark, things picked up both character wise and plot wise and I began to relax into the story. The epilogue had all three couples saying goodbye to each other and vowing to keep in touch, which made me tear up a little - the bonds that the women specifically made during training and being in war zones from Algeria through Italy and then through the South of France was an adventure and so true to military life. I did enjoy this book, it just took longer than I wanted to get lost in the story.