The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Graphic Novel) - Bo Hampton, Tracey Hampton, Washington Irving The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Writings - Edgar Allan Poe The Fall of the House of Usher - Edgar Allan Poe Doctor Jekyll and Mr.Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson Frankenstein - Mary Shelley, Maurice Hindle Dracula's Guest and Other Weird Tales - Bram Stoker, Kate Hebblethwaite Tales of Mystery & the Macabre (Tales of Mystery & the Supernatural) - Elizabeth Gaskell

The last of my pre-written posts.

I prefer classic horror because it deals with ghost stories being told at a holiday party or other ways to distance the story from the reader enough so I can enjoy the story without putting myself into nightmare situations.

Some favorites include The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Tell-Tale Heart, and The Fall of the House of Usher. I read two Great Illustration of the Classics versions of classic horrors that work with my brain (Frankenstein and Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde). Last year's pick, The Turn of the Screw, was much too wordy for me to enjoy the story. I have tried to read Dracula in the past, but I made it all of 25 pages and noped out of it.This year I am reading Tales of Mystery & the Macabre by Elizabeth Gaskell.