This post is being pre-written due to my household goods arriving today as well as our new kitchen table. My books are back with me again! So I may update this post late tonight to add to the newest square announced.

Film at 11

Warm Bodies comes to mind as well as my favorite It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! A lot of Disney movies are being adapted into books, such as their villain series - check with MR and OB first though.

King of Horror

So I perused the Book Riot list and came out with two books I would be interested in reading - The Good Nurse: A True Story of Medicine, Madness, and Murder by Charles Graeber (nonfiction) and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult. My husband's vote is for American Gods.

Dystopian Hellscape

I found this article while searching for dystopian novels on Book Riot https://bookriot.com/2019/07/02/bring-back-dystopian-ya/ which goes beyond The Hunger Games and Divergent to showcase more diverse dystopian authors. I am interested in Internment by Samira Ahmed and the Legend series by Marie Lu (which is also getting another book added to the series).

Truly Terrifying

I am SO EXCITED for this one because it's NONFICTION BABY! My top three:

1. The Real Lolita: The Kidnapping of Sally Horner and the Novel that Scandalized the World by Sarah Weinman

2. Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe

3. Flowers of the Killer Moon by David Grann

Dark Academia

I am probably going to go with Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) by Richelle Mead unless I found something on my library's YA shelf that fits. I have read in the past Bingos Death and the Girl Next Door by Daryna Jones, two Vampire Academy graphic novels, and Eighth Grade Bites: The Chronicles of Vladmir Tod by Heather Brewer et al (graphic novel).

Pysch

I am looking at reading Damnation Island: Poor, Sick, Mad, and Criminal in 19-Century New York by Stacey Horn (nonfiction) or Blue Asylum by Kathy Hepinstall (historical fiction). Then there is Dim Sum Asylum by Rhys Ford (m/m paranormal romance) and several Batman: Arkham Asylum series (graphic novels).

International Woman of Mystery

I'm just going to read the next book in the Maggie Hope series His Majesty's Hope.

Paint it Black

1. If She Knew (A Kate Wise Mystery #1) by Blake Pierce - contemporary psychological thriller

2. A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell - historical fiction

Blake Pierce has a number of free books in the NOOK store that have black covers. This one interested me the most. The historical fiction choice was also free. I picked up both because price; I'll decided during the game which one I will read.