*bookish series created by Moonlight Reader
Recently went through and updated my Planning to Read shelf here on BL and my Want to Read shelf on GR. This includes both my physical and digital books; it also includes a few books I plan to read from the library.
My TBR's number is *Drum Roll* 299.
UGH. Double UGH. Triple UGH.
So for one, I am putting myself on a no spend quarter. No more impulse buys because a blogger like the book or everyone is raving about this new author. Also, NO MORE FREEBIES FROM THE NOOK STORE - not even to find a book to fit a prompt for a challenge/game. This also means staying away from physical book stores and library sales for awhile.
For two, I am going back to TBR Thursdays.* When I made these posts I realized I much more in control of the TBR pile I had and liked seeing the books read versus what was added. I am in the beginning stages of building my reading goals for next year and want a clear view of where I am starting and how I am (or not) progressing; TBR Thursdays are my tools.
1. Lab Girl by Hope Jahern (for book club/gifted)
2. Dalliances & Devotion (The Truitts #2) by Felicia Grossman (historical romance set during the Gilded Age)
3. Short-Straw Bride (Archer Brothers #1) by Karen Witemeyer (historical romance set in the west) - I checked my libraries' catalog and OverDrive and no dice
4. Well, That Escalated Quickly by Franchesca Ramsey
5. A Colony in a Nation by Chris Hayes
6. Vendetta in Death by J.D. Robb
*Total TBR #: 299