Task #1: Book Wish List
1. The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy #3) by Sarah Sundin
2. The Number of Love (Codebreakers #1) by Roseanna M. White
3. A Desperate Hope (Empire State #3) by Elizabeth Camden
4. Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses #2) by Jen Turano
5. Playing the Part (A Class of Their Own #3) by Jen Turano
These books are $10 in ebook form and not in my library system, so that is why they are still on my Amazon wish list. I am not spending that kind of money on ebooks. I need to make some time post-holidays to pop into my local Half Price Books and see if they are there.
Task #2: Skip
Task #3: Book with Different Names
1. The Paris Orphan by Natasha Lester is the name used for the North American (Canada and US) market and The French Photographer is the name for the Australian/New Zealand/UK market. I ran into this on BL because I recently bought the book and wanted to add it to my planning shelf but couldn't find it under the title I knew it as (used author's name instead to find it).
Task #4: Potato Poem
In haste one evening while making dinner
I threw away a potato that was spoiled
on one end. The rest would have been
redeemable. In the yellow garbage pail
it became the consort of coffee grounds,
banana skins, carrot peelings.
I pitched it onto the compost
where steaming scraps and leaves
return, like bodies over time, to earth.
When I flipped the fetid layers with a hay
fork to air the pile, the potato turned up
unfailingly, as if to revile me—
looking plumper, firmer, resurrected
instead of disassembling. It seemed to grow
until I might have made shepherd’s pie
for a whole hamlet, people who pass the day
dropping trees, pumping gas, pinning
hand-me-down clothes on the line.