1. A book written by someone under 30
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
2. A popular author's first book
- Making Waves (Lake Manawa #1) by Lorna Seilstad (I am assuming "popular" is subjective, as in the inspirational/Christian fiction subgenre, Seilstad's books are popular)
3. A book with bad reviews
- Out of Control (Kincaid Brothers #1) by Mary Connealy (3.6 rating on NOOK store, 3.7 Good Reads, 3.6 on Amazon). While the ratings on this book seem average, reading the reviews shows a polarity between 5 star gushing and 1-2 star rants. I agree with the rants.
4. A book based on or turned into a tv show:
- Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth
- Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse
- Call the Midwife: Farewell to the East End
5. A book you were supposed to read in school but did not:
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. It seems everyone else but me read this book (among many other works) in school/university. Good start to my reading list of Steinbeck's books.
6. A trilogy
- Ruined by a Rake (All's Fair in Love #1) by Erin Knightley
- Scandalized by a Scoundrel (All's Fair in Love #2) by Erin Knightley
- Deceived by a Duke (All's Fair in Love #3) by Erin Knightly