Started the Romance Bingo and Pop Sugar Reading Challenges this month. Participated in Bout of Books cycle 18. Participated in #24in48 read-a--thon.
1. My Writing Professor by Nicolette Dane (Romance Bingo - New Adult square) - 1 star
2. My Friend the Bride by Nicolette Dane (Romance Bingo - Wedding Bells square) - 1 star
3. Sarah Sunshine (Montana Romances series) by Merry Farmer (Romance Bingo - TSTL square) - 1 star
4. A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden (Romance Bingo - Urban Fantasy square) - 3.5 stars
5. Heir to a Desert Legacy by Maisey Yates (Romance Bingo - Interracial couple square) - 1 star
6. Wave by Sonali Deraniyagala (Diseases and Disasters Challenge) - 4 stars
7. Apprentice in Death by JD Robb (Pop Sugar Challenge) - 4 stars
8. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling - 3 stars
9. The Lady's Scandalous Night by Jeannie Lin (Romance Bingo - Insta Love) - 3 stars
10. If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo - 2.5 stars
11. Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan - 4 stars
12. Long Gone Girl (Romance Bingo - Second Chances square) by Amy Rose Bennett - 2.5 stars
13. Lowcountry Bordello (Liz Talbot #4) (Romance Bingo - Love is Murder square) by Susan M. Boyer - 4.5 stars
14. March Book 2 by John Lewis et al - 5 stars
15. Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg (Romance Bingo - YA) - 3 stars
16. Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan - 5 stars
17. Switched by HelenKay Dimon (Romance Bingo - Blown Away square) - 3.5 stars
18. Sweetheart in High Heels by Gemma Halliday (Romance Bingo - Headless Woman) - 2 stars
19. An Illicit Temptation by Jeannie Lin (Romance Bingo -Historical) - 3.5 stars
20. Double Love by Francine Pascal (Romance Bingo - Twins) - 1 star
21. A Sport of Baronets (Romance Bingo - Regency) - 3.5 stars
22. The Secret of Yellow Death by Suzanne Jurmain - 2.5 stars
GR/BL Reading Challenge: 22/150
Library Love Challenge: 10/36
Romance Bingo: 14/25
Pop Sugar Challenge: 8/50
Avg Star Rating: 2.9 stars
Avg Non-Fiction Rating: 4.25
Avg Fiction Rating: 2.65
I am enjoying the bingo and getting a lot of short books off my electronic TBR. The beginning of the month featured A LOT of 1 star books, mostly freebies from the NOOK store.
Pop Sugar challenge is kind of on the back burner for now. The fact I knocked out 8 out of the 50 prompts was more than I had hoped for (5 being the goal). Not as hard as I thought it would be, plus I am learning to like audiobooks!
Library Love challenge is going great; thinking I should have gone for the top level (50+ books), but may stay at the current level (36+ books) for now. I also got in 11 hours of volunteer time at the library, despite a constantly changing school schedule that saw my son out of school more than in school.
I picked my top five books to add to the post.