The volunteer position I took on in June for my son's school PTO board is proving to be a full-time job and my reading suffered as a result. 10 books is the least amount of books I have read in any one month all year. A lot of what I did read was "meh" to "grit my teeth and bare it to get the square filled"; the four books attached to this post is the best of my reading this month.
I participated in the Fandom Box swap and Grimlock did an amazing job of finding just the right things to put into my box. Luckily, the receiver of the box I put together liked what I put in their box.
Here's to hoping that October has better reading in store for me.
Pop Sugar: 0
Library Love: 4
Halloween Bingo: 10/25 squares read
1. The Unleashing (Call of Crows #1) by Shelly Laurenston (Free Space square)- 5 stars
2. Monstress, Volume 1: Awakening by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda (Library Love) (Diverse Voices square)- 2 stars
3. Brighton Belle (Mirabella Mystery #1) by Sara Sheridan (Murder Most Foul square) - 3.5 stars
4. Dying for the Past by TJ O'Connor (Library Love) (Ghost square) - 1 star
5. Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic by Meghan Doidge (Cozy Mystery square) - 2.5 stars
6. Switching Hour (Magic and Mayhem #1) by Robyn Peterman (Werewolves square) - 2 stars
7. Dime Store Magic by Kelly Armstrong (Witches square) (Library Love) - 0 stars
8. Killer Party (Tourist Trap Mystery #9) by Lynn Cahoon (Terrifying Women square) - 3 stars
9. All By My Selfie by Jo Noelle (Haunted Houses square) - 1.5 stars
10. Secrets in Death (...In Death #45) by J.D. Robb (Locked Room Mystery square) (Library Love) - 3 stars
Currently 50% in The Undoing (Call of Crows #2) by Shelly Laurenston for the Dark Woods square. Up next is Welcome to Albaterra (Albaterra Mates #0.5) by Ashley L. Hunt for the Aliens square.