Winter has come to East Anglia. Good weather for bundling under blankets with a cup of tea and a book. COYER Winter Edition sign ups start mid-November, and the challenge starts in mid-December. And I have been working my way through the SBTB GR Oct-Dec challenge. I'm going to participate in the festive holiday game here on BL with MbD and TA hosting. All this plus meeting my BL/GR reading challenge (just one more book)!
Here is what I hope to read in November....
1. Fall of Poppies: Stories of Love and the Great War by Various Authors
Will use for Pop Sugar Challenge, just don't know where yet. Can also use the book to fill the prompt "veterans' day" in the SBTB GR challenge.
2. Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected by Kelle Hampton
Pop Sugar prompt: By/About a Person with a disability (memoir about motherhood and raising a child with Down's Syndrome)
3. Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly
I have already seen (and loved) the movie, but I wanted to read the book for the Pop Sugar prompt 2017 movie adaptions.
4. A Gentleman's Game (Romancing the Turf #1) by Theresa Romain
To be used in the SBTB GR challenge prompt "game day"
5. The Unyielding (Call of Crows #3) by Shelly Laurenston
To be used in the SBTB GR challenge prompt "give thanks"
6. Death of a Christmas Caterer by Lee Hollis
To be used in the SBTB GR challenge prompt "food coma"