Once Upon a Spine (Bibliophile #11) by Kate Carlisle

Once Upon a Spine  - Kate Carlisle

FYI: This is the only book I have read in the series. So take what I have to say about this book with a huge grain of salt.

Well I got through this book just because I wanted to know the who did the murders. I waddle through a ton of fluff and absurdities to get the reveal just to have that reveal be a series of dumbass antics from the obnoxious characters that populated the setting. Also quite disappointing was the lack of authentic San Francisco culture/atmosphere. SF is one of my favorite cities and the author gave me the tourist trap version of SF but nothing that residents would talk about or go to.

I never connected to Brooklyn, Derek or their parents and yet that part of the book made up at least 70% of the book, with shoddy police work taking up the rest. Seriously, the police detective should have to turn in her badge for letting Brooklyn and Derek go on with their interference in the investigation. Overall, I found this book to be a waste of time and I won't read anymore from the series.