melissasteinman7

TeaStitchRead

Participating in:

BookLikes-opoly (May 20th - August 10th)

COYER Summer Hunt (June 1st - August 31st)

24 in 48 Read-a-thon (July 20th-21st)

Dewey's Reverse 24-Hour Read-a-thon (August 22nd-3rd)

Bout of Books Cycle 26 (August 19th-25th)

All the President's Men
Carl Bernstein, Bob Woodward
Progress: 47/336 pages
A Talent for Trouble
Jen Turano
Progress: 91/264 pages

Friday Reads - September 28, 2018

The Siren - Kiera Cass Presumed Guilty - Tess Gerritsen A Touch of Midnight - Lara Adrian Kiss Me Hard Before You Go - Shannon McCrimmon Fairest - Marissa Meyer Croc's Return (Bitten Point Book 1) - Eve Langlais Eighth Grade Bites #1: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Graphic Novel - Julia Laud, Heather Brewer, Tony Lee

My AF library is losing subscriptions to a number of databases/ebook services due to budget issues at USAFE HQ, so my Halloween Bingo list went to crap. I had hoped to use much of my library's eboo/digital audiobook stock to get my card to black out, but now I am combing through my own books to replace those that I lost access to.

This week I DNF'd two books for Halloween Bingo (Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury and In the Woods by Tana French). I have an alternative for the carnival square, but I am just not cut out to read Noir, so I am leaving this square blank. I've read The Siren by Kiera Cass (Drowning Deep square) last week and Presumed Guilty by Tess Gerritsen (Diverse Voices), so reviews to follow.

This weekend is the our Cub Scouts pack's Rain Gutter Regatta, and the kids and my husband had a lot of fun building their boats for tomorrow. On Sunday, I am pulling babysitting duties for friends' so they can have a kid-free trip to the Harry Potter Studio tour, the last "To Do" item on their UK list before they move back to the States next month.

So this weekend's/upcoming week reading:

1. Touch of Midnight by Lara Adrian (Relics and Curiosities)

2. Kiss Me Hard Before You Go by Shannon McCrimmon (Creepy Carnivals)

3. Fairest by Marissa Meyer (Grimm Tale)

4. Croc's Return by Eve Langlais (Shifters)

5. Eighth Grade Bites by Tony Lee et al (Dead Lands)

I have Seduction in Death (#13) for the Unlucky 13 square and Leverage in Death (#47) by JD Robb for the New Release square on request/wait list at the library. Fingers crossed they come into my possession sometime this week.

Continued good luck to those participating in Halloween Bingo and Happy Reading to all!